Thursday, February 2, 2012

Superpower: Supporter

Have you ever taken a personality analysis? I've taken a few over the last several years, and I've always been so surprised how accurate they sometimes are!

Last night Matt was telling me that he found a free personality analysis online through Crown Ministries. He started reading his "results" to me and we totally cracked up. Let's just say they NAILED it! His personality type is "Driver" according to this specific test. In a nutshell: he's a leader, easily makes decisions and sticks with them, and can be assertive. If you're familiar with the animal personality traits, he is almost 100% Lion with a little bit Golden Retriever.

Naturally, it made me curious to see what the same test would say about me. I love it when we both take the same analysis because it shows us areas where we are similar and different, and opens discussion about how we can communicate with each other more effectively. We are SO different from each other in so many ways (you know what they say...."opposites attract"!)

I took the test this morning, and here's what it had to say about me:

Sandra - your profile type is Supporter


General Description
As a Supporter, you naturally thrive when given the opportunity to help, encourage, or cooperate with others. You make loyal friends and employees and gain fulfillment by helping make others successful.


Typical Areas of Strength
Supporters, like you, typically are excellent team players, at home or at work, due to your desire to cooperate, help others, listen, be patient, loyal, steady, and support the efforts of those in charge.


Typical Areas of Struggle
You may sometimes undermine your effectiveness by compromising too much, vacillating on important decisions, being too passive, resisting change, or compromising quality to protect the feelings of others.


Your Preferred Activities
Because you work at a steady pace, you demonstrate an excellent ability to follow through on projects. You cooperate well with others in order to complete activities.


Your Communication Style
You communicate best by using your superior relational and listening skills to convey care and compassion to people in need

It also produces a graph of your personality traits. Not surprising at all to see that when you put Matt's chart and mine together, they are almost completely opposite of each other! My animal personality trait is mostly Golden Retriever with a little bit Beaver and a little bit Otter.

So interesting, right? I love that Matt and I are so different, because it gives us an opportunity to truly be "one" together. To rely on each other's strengths, which are typically our own greatest weakness.

If you're interested, take the assessment for yourself by clicking here!

~SMurph~

1 comment:

  1. I definitely see those traits in you Sandi! Isn't weird to read something and your like "wow, that's totally me!" haha

    I absolutely love personality tests! I've done several different ones throughout my school years. I think I'll have to try this one too! I always seem to be a 50/50 mix of something and something else... :/

    ReplyDelete