Monday, April 5, 2010

Tax Season

Well, only about 10 more days of the 2009 tax season! Yippee!! Overall, it's been a good season. Not quite as busy as last year, which I guess could be good or bad. But for me personally, I feel like I have learned and grown much more this year than last. I guess it's just because it's not my first one.

I consider myself very fortunate to have a job that I absolutely love. I love the people I work with, the actual work I do, and most of the clients. MOST.

We generally have several things that happen every day to make us laugh as well, so that's a nice break to the seriousness of taxes.

I'm noticing though that due to everything happening in the economy, there seem to be two extremes of people. Half the people who have come through the door have been unusually demanding and eager to determine how much they will pay us and when. It seems like someone has put into their minds the idea that they should get everything handed to them for free, the way they want it and when they want it, without lifting a finger. I can't imagine where THAT idea would have come from!

The other extreme of people are completely discouraged. They're tired of working their tails off to support some "disabled" 25-year-old immigrant with twelve billion kids. I guess they are starting to figure they may as well quit their jobs and rely on handouts like everyone else. We are in bad shape, folks!

Here are a few other random things my job has taught me:

1. Don't get rid of ANYTHING! As soon as you shred something you will need it.

2. No one knows the correct way to abbreviate the word "Associates". For the record, the correct way is "Assoc." I'm sure you can imagine where I'm going with this..... Let's just say it's not so good for our self esteem!

3. Two words for this one: Retail Therapy. Not sure how I never knew of that before. My husband is thrilled that I've discovered it. :)

4. Oreos and Diet Coke are NOT a suitable meal when you sit at a desk all day long. Somehow, the oreos magically find their way to your hind side and like to stay there for a very long time.

5. Last but not least, coffee is an amazing hunger suppressant. And very good for you, according to my boss. Not to mention I can do twice the amount of work in half the time. Amazing! :)

~SM~

No comments:

Post a Comment